I remember it like it was yesterday. After four IUI’s, my husband and I were pregnant…WITH TRIPLETS!
Our sweet girls were born on December 16, 2019 via urgent C-Section when I was just 27 weeks pregnant. Sadie Mae (Baby A) and Elsie Jean (Baby B) both weighed 2 lbs., while Charlotte “Charlie” Florence (Baby C) just weighed 8.8 oz. Our hearts were full of love and fear.
We immediately thought the worst as they told us Charlie’s weight and feared that they would not be able to place a breathing tube or any IV lines. Thankfully, the amazing nurses and doctors were able to successfully place all needed life support lines and save Charlie’s life.
Every single day was a blessing and she showed us strength like we had never seen before. Our girl knew how to get what she wanted. If she didn’t like something, she would let you know. Giving Sadie and Elsie too much attention? She threw a fit. Needed her diaper changed? She needed it done IMMEDIATELY. Didn’t want an X-Ray? She peed all over the equipment.
We were hopeful that she would defy the odds. She was one of the smallest babies in Minnesota to survive as long as she did. She changed the lives of everyone that met her.
But on December 24, 2019, our world stopped.
Charlie had been stable for the few days leading up to Christmas but on Christmas Eve the doctors could tell something wasn’t right. Even though ultrasounds and X-rays weren’t showing problems their expertise lead us to emergency surgery later that evening where they discovered internal bleeding. The great surgeons and staff worked hard into the night and the surgery went well and she came out of the anesthesia fighting. She survived.
Unfortunately, around 1:00 am on Christmas Day the bleeding had returned and it was just too much for our poor little girl to overcome. We were fortunate to be able to hold her as she gave her last breath.
Charlie’s Shadow was created in the summer of 2020, after receiving requests by fellow grieving triplet parents to add shadow silhouettes to their family portraits. Over the last year, Charlie’s Shadow has grown to include custom illustrations, digital downloads, and art prints. These custom portraits are often the only complete family portraits they have.
We knew we wanted to give back to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep after our amazing experience with them. For the month of March, 25% of all proceeds of the custom illustration will be donated back to NILMDTS to help continue the mission of providing the complimentary gift of remembrance portraiture to future bereaved families.
Product Fundraiser Details
Purchase the product and follow these simple steps:
- Select the preferences from the drop down menu. *any subjects that are no longer with us (angels) are free of charge*
- Purchase the selected listing.
- Send us a clear photograph of the image you would like illustrated to email@example.com
- Let me know if you would like any calligraphy added to the photograph. If you have any preferences in background color, face details, or anything else – please tell me. For angel subject(s) please tell me the age, gender, and if you would like any details added such as angel wings or a purple butterfly for a loss of a baby/babies part of a multiples birth.
- We will then get to work and send a proof over to you within 3-4 working days from when you ordered.
- Once we have started creating your order, I do not offer any refunds due to the time taken to create these.
- On a first proof, you can make as many changes as you like but this is the only time changes can be made.
- Once approved, we will then send you the digital download (JPEG + PNG) via email.
For more information, please see the details in the product description on our website.