Requesting ServicesIf you need to request our services for a family go to Find a Photographer. The more notice we have about a family’s possible need, the greater the chance a NILMDTS Affiliated Photographer will be available to provide services. Please see if a photographer is available BEFORE you offer the services to the family. We often receive calls directly from families. However, they are enduring the worst moment of their life and it is often best if a hospital employee facilitate the call on behalf of the family. As this is a volunteer service, we can never guarantee the availability of a photographer.
When to Contact UsPlease call between the hours of 7:00 am and 10:00 pm. Please remember all of our photographers are volunteers. In some communities we may not have enough photographers to meet the need. We do our best to accommodate all requests, but there may be times our photographers are unavailable.
Gestational GuidelineOur guideline for dispatching a volunteer photographer for a Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep session is that the baby be at least 22 weeks gestation. This is a baseline from which medical professionals may deviate based upon their experience. It is possible that babies younger or older than 22 weeks would be either advisable or inadvisable.
If a Photographer is not Available
Although our goal is for all families in need of NILMDTS are served with a photographic session, as an all-volunteer organization, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that a photographer will be available to help every family. Occasionally one of our volunteer photographers may not be available to take photographs.If a photographer is unavailable here are some suggestions:
- Can the photographer help the family later in the evening or even the next day? Maybe the funeral home?
- Does your hospital department or the family member have a digital camera? If so, begin taking photographs – and take several. To assist you, click here for a posing poster.
- Before sending images, back them up on your computer and save the pictures on a disk or memory card for your records.
- Submit no more than 15 images for retouching. We will not be able to complete requests with more than 15 images. All images MUST be submitted in a high-resolution form.
- If you only have a printed photograph you can scan them in as high-resolution at a print shop and send the high resolution digital file. Please note retouching results may be limited due to the loss of resolution and quality in the transition from print or film to digital.
- All retouch requests MUST be submitted with the completed and signed Retouching Consent form.
- Submit images with Hightail.com or by mail. Also, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know a request is on its way.
- Hightail: Set up a free account via hightail.com. On the Hightail website click on “Pricing” at the top of the page, click on “file sharing”, click on the Lite package – free, sign in and uploaded the images, and send to email@example.com.
- Mail: to NILMDTS, 7500 E. Arapahoe Rd. #101, Centennial, CO 80112