If a Photographer is Unavailable
In order to still provide families with a level of service in the event a photographer cannot be found, we have provided a posing guide and poster that can be used by a medical professional or family member in order to preserve memories for the family.
Our goal is for all families in need of NILMDTS to be served with a photographic session. As a primarily volunteer organization, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that a photographer will be available to help every family. Occasionally one of our volunteer photographers may not be available to take photographs.
Here are some suggestions:
- Can the photographer help the family later in the evening or even the next day? Maybe at the funeral home?
- Does your hospital department or the family member have a digital camera? If so, begin taking photographs – and take several. To assist you, review our posing guide. With those photos, you can submit to us in order for the family to receive peacefully retouched images. Please use your camera’s largest possible file settings.
Requesting Digital Retouching
When a NILMDTS photographer is unavailable, we can still offer beautiful retouching of images taken by the family or hospital staff. To submit images:
1. Before sending images, back them up on your computer and save the pictures on a disk or memory card for your records.
2. Submit no more than 30 images for retouching. We will not be able to complete requests with more than 30 images. All images MUST be submitted in a high-resolution form. Duplicate or extremely similar poses will be discarded and out of focus images will be retouched the best they can however some may not be able to be retouched.
3. If you only have a printed photograph you can scan them in as high-resolution at a print shop and send the high resolution digital file. Please note retouching results may be limited due to the loss of resolution and quality in the transition from print or film to digital.
4. All retouch requests MUST be submitted with the completed and signed Retouching Parent Consent Form.
5. Submit images with Hightail, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, or any other file sharing service preferred. Also, email email@example.com directly with the consent form and to let us know a request is on its way.
Note about Hightail: Set up a free account via Hightail.com. On the Hightail website click on “Pricing ” at the top of the page, click on “file sharing”, click on the Lite package – free, sign in and uploaded the images, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.