Benefits of Membership
Volunteers of NILMDTS are considered members of the organization. For a low annual membership fee, members receive a number of benefits, which will help them not only with NILMDTS sessions, but also in their professional career. Your annual membership fee helps NILMDTS to continue to provide these benefits to you.
Members in the US and Canada will receive liability coverage for the work they do under NILMDTS.
- Liability and Volunteer Insurance – NILMDTS holds insurance to help protect volunteers. You must be an active member to be covered. We also strongly encourage members to have your own insurance, as this will provide extra protection for your NILMDTS volunteer work.
- Legal Services – Once in awhile, you may encounter a situation in which you may need legal advice. NILMDTS works with an attorney who can help advise you in the situation. Please call Headquarters with your concern.
*This coverage is not available outside the US and Canada at this time.
A number of NILMDTS sponsors offer generous discounts on product for photographers. Most of these products can be purchased for your professional career as well. Please see our updated list of discounts in the Member Account. If you take advantage of the discounts, you will more than pay for your membership fee with this benefit alone.
Marketing and Promotion
Members will receive marketing and promotion support for their local services.
- Brochures – Marathon Printing provides brochures to all NILMDTS members to promote services. Please contact Headquarters to order brochures.
- Marketing, Branding, and Logo Usage – NILMDTS provides in the Member Account a Marketing Guide as well as permission to use and access to NILMDTS logos and images for use.
- Media – You will receive information on how to contact and respond to the media as well as Talking Points.
- Displays – NILMDTS can provide you, upon request, with a display for an event in which you are promoting NILMDTS. These are used at photography, medical and bereavement type conferences to recruit more members to help more families. Additionally, the displays assist in educating the medical community about the services our volunteers provide.
Session Production Support
In order to produce the best quality product to our families, NILMDTS and its sponsors offers the following:
- Several sponsors including Collages.net, and Emotion Media, provide slideshow production at no cost to our members. You just have to drop in your images and the slide show is created.
- Music – A large selection of music in which we have permission to use is available in the Member Account for the slideshow.
- Free Software – You will receive access to OnOne Software Photo-tools and Digital Skin to assist you with retouching work.
- If you are unable to retouch your images because you will not get them done in a timely manner or if retouching is not your expertise, NILMDTS has volunteer Digital Retouch Artists to assist you.
Members will receive support to provide their volunteer services.
- Headquarters Support – Staff at NILMDTS is available Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Mountain Time to help you with whatever situation you may come across. You may call or email us.
- Private Member Account – Your private member account is stocked with dozens of the latest resources and documents you will need for your sessions, for hospitals, and a number of other events. These are updated on a regular basis. You are also able to log your sessions and keep track of your sessions. Check back often to see new resources.
- Grief Support Videos – As volunteers, we understand the sessions you take are extremely emotional. In the member account, you have access to a six-part grief support video.
Members will receive training in a number of areas.
- Online Training – NILMDTS provides online training for a nominal fee. Once you pay the fee, you can revisit the training as many times as you would like for a refresher.
- Webcasts – You will further develop your skills for NILMDTS sessions and your professional career through these regular webcasts.
- Professional Development Videos – In addition to our general training, a number of videos are available in the Member Account for you to view on retouching and other related skills.